We make videos, but we also spend a lot of our time checking out what other people are making. Watching videos is a huge part of how we make you, our clients, the best videos possible and we're happy to share some of the things that inspire us with you.
Without further ado, here's a few of our favorites from this year:
- "Fashion Film" - Everything about stupid hipster art films is shredded in this, starring Lizzy Caplan from Party Down and True Blood, and directed by Matthew Frost. Frost has been making some awesome spots lately, we suggest you check him out.
- "Late For Meeting" - Animation we wish we were doing.
JUST PLAIN AWESOME:
- "Box" - Amazing, all done in camera. This one was watched over and over. Best of all it's made by friends.
- "Making of the 'Holy Flying Circus' Title Sequence" - We love creating physical things to film. There's something that just can't be recreated in animation. This is a perfect example of that. These guys created a phototrope (basically a mix between a zoetrope and a phonograph). They created animations in the computer, then printed each frame, cut them out, and build them onto this huge contraption. Check it out!
- "Volvo Trucks - The Epic Split" - Yeah, you've seen this. Everyone has. But we like this because JCVD has been in a lot of commercials this year and this is the only one that really celebrates him rather than makes him this weird Old Spice style caricature.
- "Semi-Permanent 2013 Titles" - Beautiful use of text and visuals. A big inspiration to us.